Thursday, May 15, 2008

X Marks the Spot... Again

I have to apologize for the lack of updates, I had a sudden case of real life and was unable to watch any movies in the past week. But I have today, and it's one I've wanted to do since I got it on Tuesday. It feels right doing this as what my first review was... So I bring you...

National Treasure 2:
Book of secrets

National Treasure opened at number one in theaters and made $44,783,772 it's first weekend, going on to make $219,548,127 national and a total of $456,878,994 world wide.

In this installment of National Treasure, Benjamin Gates is brought evidence that his great grandfather was the mastermind behind the Lincoln assassination, refusing to believe it he goes off to search for the truth, finding yet another string of clues in history, and another forgotten treasure.

Not much I can truly say about this movie. It follows the same formula as the first, Ben and his gang follow clues tied into historical landmarks and buildings, attempting to stay under the radar of the authorities and out of the cross-hair's of rival treasure hunters. Thats not to say that is bad, the movie is once again a very good popcorn flick.

If you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this one, if you didn't enjoy the first you'll probably pass over this movie without a second thought anyway. Though I am glad to hear that there is works for a third installment. I've always been a bit of a fan of Nicholas Cage, and he plays this role of a man too smart for his own good very well.

If you're a fan of action films with a hint of mystery, and a well contained story, go ahead and pick up National Treasure 2 when it's released on May 20th.

No comments: