Monday, May 26, 2008

Flawless Victory

Okay so this is how it goes, it's a movie day. I'm gonna try my best to bang out at LEAST three movie reviews today while attempting to watch all the movies I need to before I have to bring them back. In fact, as I write this review I am watching Rambo... Though I must say it does not look like I'll be able to watch Street Racer, the Asylum Speed Racer rip off. But for NOW I bring you...

FLAWLESS


The box office for Flawless is a bit skewed since it only had a limited release in the states, meaning not all theaters played it, and theaters that did probably didn't play it for very long. Even still it took home $1,067,665 domestic, and was able to bring in $4,811,166 world wide.

The movie is a crime drama taking place in the 1960s, focusing on Mr. Gibbs (Caine) a Janitor for the London Diamond Corporation, and Laura Quinn (Moore) an executive stifled for years from a proper promotion because she is a woman. Gibbs comes to Laura with a proposition, to steal diamonds from their work. Though when Mr. Gibbs steals more than he said he would Laura finds herself in over her head.

This movie is, in a word, calm. It has no action, no tense moments that makes you hold your breath, and no ticking clock with a red and blue wire... Even the robbery itself is rather tame... What it does have is a terrific story, and a wonderful cast. Each scene is involving and interesting as it builds on the story...

This movie comes out on DVD on June 3rd and is for those who want to relax and simply enjoy a very well told story. If you're expecting Ocean's 11, or something similar with action or suspense, please just keep on moving.

No comments: